The South Coast Science Project and Science Matters
Physical Science Standards for Grades K–6
Teachers new to science, and those with all levels of experience, are invited to participate
August 1 – 5, 2016, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Workshop Location: Carpinteria Middle School
Catered continental breakfast and delicious full lunch provided each day
Lots of opportunities to make connections with your colleagues and with science experts! Participants will receive a $200 stipend for the one-week institute
- Institute focus will be on both science content and pedagogy knowledge.
- Conceptual Flow will be used to guide the week’s activities.
- Next Generation Science Standards, practices and crosscutting concepts will be the basis of content, curriculum delivery/instruction.
- Best practices for ELL will be embedded throughout the workshop.
- Targeted: Physical Science for Grades K–6 focused on Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions (PS2); Energy: Definition, Conservation, Transfer, and Forces (PS3); Waves and their Applications in Technologies for Information Transfer (PS4)