Thanks to everyone that attended our workshops in Palm Springs at the 2013 CSTA conference!
Teachers new to science, and those with all levels of experience,
are invited to participate
August 4 – 8, 2014, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Workshop Location: Carpinteria Middle School
Catered continental breakfast and delicious full lunch provided each day
Lots of opportunities to make connections with your colleagues and with science experts!
Participants will receive a $200 stipend for the one-week institute
plus $50/day for each follow-up day
• Institute focus will be on both science content and pedagogy knowledge.
• Practice will be Conceptual Flow and curriculum delivery / implementation.
• California Science Standards and Next Generation Science Practices will be the basis of content development.
• Best practices for ELL will be embedded throughout the workshop.
• Targeted: Life Science for Grades 3, 4, 5, and 6.
Share teaching strategies with your colleagues, participate in hands-on investigations,
and walk away with ready-to-teach units for your classrooms.
The Kids in Nature program is hosting an environmental science professional development
institute for 4-6th grade teachers on June 12 & 13. Receive a $175 stipend and funding for a
class field trip. Apply by 3/31. Contact Janet Myers: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY BY MAY 30th!
Limited to 36 Participants
To reserve, email:
UCSB STEM Coordinator:
*A collaborative Professional Development opportunity funded by the NSF Center for Sustainable Use of Renewable Feedstocks (CenSURF), SCSP, RORD Foundation, Monroe Foundation, and the Moser Trust
FOLLOW UP SUPPORT FOR TEACHERS!
• Three follow-up days to stay in touch with science experts, colleagues, and further explore activites aligned with CCSS and NGSS
• Email contact with science specialists for answers to your questions during the year